Thank you for your interest in the Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi Grants Program. Komen Memphis-MidSouth Mississippi provides funding for innovative, non-duplicative projects that address breast health and/or breast cancer services. Projects should target services, not otherwise available, to the medically underserved populations of: Shelby, Fayette, Tipton, Lauderdale, Dyer, Haywood, Lake, Madison, Crockett, Hardeman, Henderson, Chester, McNairy and Hardin in Tennessee and DeSoto, Tunica, Tate, Marshall, Benton, Coahoma and Quitman plus our new additional counties of Alcorn, Calhoun, Chickasaw, Clay, Itawamba, Lafayette, Lee, Lowndes, Monroe, Panola, Pontotoc, Prentiss, Oktibbeha, Tishomingo, Tippah and Union in Mississippi. Cities include: Memphis, Germantown, Collierville, Dyersburg, Jackson, Millington and Munford in Tennessee and Clarksdale, Southaven, Olive Branch and Tunica in Mississippi plus Oxford, New Albany, Columbus and Tupelo in our new expanded service area.
2018 Funding Priorities for Komen Memphis MidSouth Mississippi:
- Patient Navigation
- Reducing Barriers to Care – The Affiliate seeks to fund projects that provide no cost or low cost screening/diagnostic/treatment services, mobile mammography, diagnostic/treatment co-pay and deductible assistance, and transportation services.
- Breast Cancer Education
To be eligible to apply for a Komen Community-Based Grant, your organization must be:
- A federally tax-exempt entity — nonprofit organization, government agency, educational institution or Indian tribe.
- Located in the specified affiliate service area.
- Provide breast health or breast cancer screening, treatment, education or outreach
- Applicant is not currently debarred from the receipt of federal or state funding.
- No key personnel of applicant or any of its affiliates has been convicted of fraud or a crime involving any other financial or administrative impropriety within the last year.
- Applicant or any of its affiliates is not currently under a local, state or federal formal investigation for financial or administrative impropriety or fraud. (“Affiliate” means any entities that control, are controlled by or are under the same control as applicant or independent entities operating under the same name or brand as applicant.)
Please email our Missions Manager, Lisa Mischke at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the grants process.