Statement of Need
The Community Profile is a needs assessment document that provides an overview of Komen’s grant-making priorities and the breast health needs in our service area. So as to not duplicate programs already in place and focus efforts on addressing unmet needs for breast health in the community, please familiarize yourself with this document before developing your applications.
Download a copy of our 2015 Community Profile.
Drawing from the profile, Komen Memphis-MidSouth has identified the following as high-need areas:
1. Screenings for those who are 250% at or below poverty level, who lack sufficient insurance in our 21 county service area.
2. Mammograms for those who are 250% at or below poverty level, who lack sufficient insurance in our 21 county service area.
3. Treatment for those who lack insurance in our 21 county area.
4. Education about breast health and breast cancer awareness in our 21 county service area.
5. Support, financial and psychological, for those in our 21 county service area.
The Request for Application for the 2016 grant year will be available on this website after September 14, 2015.
Please email Lisa Mischke at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions regarding the grants process.